Customized High Precision CNC Stainless Steel Worm Double Spur Wheel Helical Gear Wholesale Price
Hyton provides one-stop solution service for your metallurgical equipment spare parts, currently we produce rolling mill rolls, guide, blades, gears, sprocket wheels, worm, worm gears, flange processing parts, welding processing parts and etc.Gear rack is a rotating machine part with cut teeth, or cogs, which mesh with another toothed part in order to transmit torque. It includes spur gear, helical gear, skew gear, bevel gear, spiral bevel gear and so on. It is widely used for all kinds of machinery equipment.
|Product Name||Worm Gear|
|Material||C45, 40Cr, 20CrMnTi, 42CrMo, Copper, Stainless steel|
|Tolerance||0.001mm – 0.01mm – 0.1mm|
|Tooth Hardness||50-60 HRC|
|Processing||Forging, Machining, Hobbing, Milling, Shaving, Grinding, Heat treatment|
|Inspection||Material Report, Dimensions Checking Report, Hardness Report|
|Payment||L/C, Western Union, D/P, D/A, T/T, MoneyGram|
|Lead Time||4 weeks|
HangZhou CHINAMFG Heavy Industry Technology Development Co., Ltd. is a leading enterprise in the wear-resistant casting of large engineering machinery and the forging of large equipment parts located in the New Material Industrial Park, Xihu (West Lake) Dis. High-Tech Zone, HangZhou City, the company covers an area of 90 Square kilometer and currently has more than 300 employees. The company is equipped with lost molding production line and lost casting production line imported from FATA Company in Italy, Inductotherm Vacuum Degassing Furnace(USA), Foseco Casting Technology(U.K), SPECTRO Spectrometer (Germany), the currently most advanced ZZ418A vertical parting flaskless shoot squeeze molding machine Disa production line, horizontal molding line and self-control lost casting production line in China, the most advanced sand treatment system in China. With 3 gas trolley heat treatment CHINAMFG and pusher-type CHINAMFG full-automatic heat treatment production lines, the company can annually produce 30,000 tons of various wear-resisting castings and metallurgical equipment forging parts.
Packing and Shipping
To better ensure the safety of your goods, professional, environmentally friendly, convenient and efficient packaging services will be provided. After goods well packaged, we need only 1 day ship goods to ZheJiang port, which means that most of the spare parts you bought from Hyton, it will get your port within 45 days all around the world if shipment by sea.
1)Your inquiry related to our product & price will be rapidly.
2) Well trained & experienced staff are to answer all your inquiries in English of course.
3) Your business relationship with us will be confidential to any third party.
4) One stop purchase service: extensive rang of products for qualified offering.
5) We response to client’s inquiry within 12 hours.
1.Q: What kind of products do you make?
A: We specialize in metallurgical equipment casting and forging parts, such as forging rolls, guide, blades, gears, sprocket wheels, worm, worm gears, flange processing parts, welding processing parts and etc.
2.Q: What kind of material do you offer?
A: High manganese steel, high chrome iron, alloy steel, low carbon steel, medium carbon steel, Stainless Steel and etc.
3.Q: What is your time of delivery?
A: Our lead time is generally 2-4 weeks for casting parts and shipping time is about 2-4 weeks.
4.Q: How to test your quality?
A: We will show you material inspection and measurement inspection after fininsh the goods, at the same time, we will give you the life time guarantee letter after shipping the goods. The best suggestion to all the customer who may interest our product-Test 2 set first, all the good business relationship all from test and trust.
|Hardness:||Hardened Tooth Surface|
|Gear Position:||External Gear|
|Manufacturing Method:||Cut Gear|
|Toothed Portion Shape:||Spur Gear|
Are worm gears suitable for high-torque applications?
Worm gears are indeed well-suited for high-torque applications. Here’s a detailed explanation of why worm gears are suitable for high-torque applications:
Worm gears are known for their ability to provide significant speed reduction and torque multiplication. They consist of a threaded cylindrical gear, called the worm, and a toothed wheel, called the worm wheel or worm gear. The interaction between the worm and the worm wheel enables the transmission of motion and torque.
Here are the reasons why worm gears are suitable for high-torque applications:
- High gear reduction ratio: Worm gears offer high gear reduction ratios, typically ranging from 20:1 to 300:1 or even higher. The large reduction ratio allows for a significant decrease in rotational speed while multiplying the torque output. This makes worm gears effective in applications that require high levels of torque.
- Self-locking capability: Worm gears possess a unique self-locking property, which means they can hold position and prevent backdriving without the need for additional braking mechanisms. The angle of the worm thread creates a mechanical advantage that resists reverse rotation of the worm wheel, providing excellent self-locking characteristics. This self-locking capability makes worm gears ideal for applications where holding the load in place is crucial, such as in lifting and hoisting equipment.
- Sturdy and robust design: Worm gears are typically constructed with durable materials, such as steel or bronze, which offer high strength and resistance to wear. This robust design enables them to handle heavy loads and transmit substantial torque without compromising their performance or longevity.
- High shock-load resistance: Worm gears exhibit good resistance to shock loads, which are sudden or intermittent loads that exceed the normal operating conditions. The sliding contact between the worm and the worm wheel teeth allows for some degree of shock absorption, making worm gears suitable for applications that involve frequent or unexpected high-torque impacts.
- Compact and space-efficient: Worm gears have a compact design, making them space-efficient and suitable for applications where size is a constraint. The compactness of worm gears allows for easy integration into machinery and equipment, even when there are spatial limitations.
It’s important to consider that while worm gears excel in high-torque applications, they may not be suitable for high-speed applications. The sliding contact between the worm and the worm wheel generates friction, which can lead to heat generation and reduced efficiency at high speeds. Therefore, worm gears are typically preferred in low to moderate speed applications where high torque output is required.
When selecting a worm gear for a high-torque application, it’s important to consider the specific torque requirements, operating conditions, and any additional factors such as speed, efficiency, and positional stability. Proper sizing, lubrication, and maintenance are also crucial to ensure optimal performance and longevity in high-torque applications.
Can worm gears be used in automotive applications?
Yes, worm gears can be used in certain automotive applications. Here’s a detailed explanation of their use in the automotive industry:
1. Steering Systems: Worm gears are commonly used in automotive steering systems, particularly in older vehicles. They can provide the necessary torque and precision for steering control. The self-locking feature of worm gears is advantageous in steering applications as it helps maintain the desired steering position even when external forces are applied. However, it’s important to note that many modern vehicles have transitioned to other steering mechanisms such as rack and pinion for improved efficiency and performance.
2. Window Regulators: Worm gears can be found in power window regulator systems in some vehicles. They help convert rotational motion into linear motion, allowing for the smooth and controlled movement of windows. Worm gears in window regulators are often paired with a mechanical linkage system to distribute the motion to multiple windows.
3. Convertible Top Mechanisms: In convertible vehicles, worm gears can be utilized in the mechanisms that raise and lower the convertible top. The high torque capabilities of worm gears make them suitable for these applications, as they can effectively handle the load of the top and ensure smooth and reliable operation.
4. Accessory Drives: Worm gears can be employed in accessory drives within the automotive engine compartment. They can be used to transfer power from the engine to various accessories such as water pumps, fuel pumps, and air compressors. However, it’s important to note that other power transmission mechanisms such as belts and pulleys or gear drives are more commonly used in modern automotive accessory drive systems due to their higher efficiency and compact design.
5. Limited-Slip Differentials: Worm gears can be incorporated into limited-slip differentials in some automotive applications. Limited-slip differentials distribute torque between the wheels to improve traction and stability. Worm gears can provide the necessary torque multiplication and torque biasing capabilities required for limited-slip differentials.
While worm gears can be found in these automotive applications, it’s important to consider that other power transmission mechanisms such as spur gears, bevel gears, and belt drives are more commonly used in modern automotive designs. These alternatives often offer higher efficiency, compactness, and better performance characteristics for automotive applications. Additionally, advancements in technology and the pursuit of lightweight and efficient designs have led to the adoption of alternative power transmission systems in many automotive applications.
Overall, while worm gears have a place in certain automotive applications, their use is more limited compared to other power transmission mechanisms commonly employed in the automotive industry.
How does a worm gear differ from other types of gears?
A worm gear differs from other types of gears in several ways. Here are the key differences:
- Gear Configuration: A worm gear consists of a threaded worm and a mating gear, known as the worm wheel or worm gear. The worm has a helical thread that meshes with the teeth of the worm wheel. In contrast, other types of gears, such as spur gears, bevel gears, and helical gears, have parallel or intersecting axes of rotation.
- Gear Ratio: Worm gears provide high gear reduction ratios compared to other types of gears. The ratio is determined by the number of teeth on the worm wheel and the number of threads on the worm. This high reduction ratio allows worm gears to transmit more torque while maintaining a compact size.
- Direction of Rotation: In a worm gear system, the worm can drive the worm wheel, but the reverse is not true. This is due to the self-locking nature of worm gears. The angle of the worm’s helical thread creates a wedging action that prevents the worm wheel from backdriving the worm. This characteristic makes worm gears suitable for applications requiring a mechanical brake or holding position.
- Efficiency: Worm gears typically have lower efficiency compared to other types of gears. This is primarily due to the sliding action between the worm’s threads and the worm wheel’s teeth, which leads to higher friction and energy losses. Therefore, worm gears are not ideal for applications that require high efficiency or continuous, high-speed operation.
- Lubrication: Worm gears require proper lubrication to reduce friction and wear. The sliding action between the worm and the worm wheel generates heat, which can affect the performance and lifespan of the gear system. Lubricants help to dissipate heat and provide a protective film between the mating surfaces, reducing friction and extending the gear’s life.
- Applications: Worm gears are commonly used in applications that require high gear reduction, compact size, and self-locking capabilities. They are found in various industries, including elevators, automotive steering systems, machine tools, robotics, and winding mechanisms.
Overall, the unique design and characteristics of worm gears make them suitable for specific applications where high torque, compactness, and self-locking features are essential, even though they may have lower efficiency compared to other types of gears.
editor by CX 2023-11-02