RV Series High Precision Worm Gear
1. Housing: Die-cast Aluminium Alloy Gearbox (RV571~RV090)
Cast Iron Gearbox (RV110~RV150)
2. Worm Wheel: Wearable Tin Bronze Alloy, Aluminum Bronze Alloy
3. Worm Shaft: 20Cr Steel, carburizing, quenching, grinding, surface hardness 56-62HRC, 0.3-0.5mm remaining carburized layer after precise grinding
4. Input Configurations:
Equipped with Electric Motors (AC Motor, Brake Motor, DC Motor, Servo Motor)
IEC-normalized Motor Flange
Solid Shaft Input
Worm Shaft Tail Extension Input
5. Output Configurations:
Keyed Hollow Shaft Output
Hollow Shaft with Output Flange
Plug-in CHINAMFG Shaft Output
6. Spare Parts: Worm Shaft Tail Extension, Single Output Shaft, Double Output Shaft, Output Flange, Torque Arm, Dust Cover
7. Gearbox Painting:
Aluminium Alloy Gearbox:
After Shot Blasting, Anticorrosion Treatment and Phosphating, Paint with the Color of RAL 5571 Gentian Blue or RAL 7035 Light Grey
Cast Iron Gearbox:
After Painting with Red Antirust Paint, Paint with the Color of RAL 5571 Gentian Blue
Hollow Shaft Input with IEC-normalized Motor Flange
Solid Shaft Input
1. Quality aluminum alloy gear box, light weight and not rust
2. 2 optional worm wheel materials: Tin bronze or aluminum bronze alloy
3. Standard parts and very flexible for shaft configurations and motor flange interface
4. Several optional mounting options
5. Low noise, High efficiency in heat dissipation
|Models||Rated Power||Rated Ratio||Input Hole Dia.||Input Shaft Dia.||Output Hole Dia.||Output Shaft Dia.||Center Distance|
Ratio: 5, 7.5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 40, 50, 60, 80, 100
Torque Arm Mounted
Oil-bath and Splash Lubrication
Packing & Delivery:
Our company :
AOKMAN was founded in 1982, which has more than 36 years in R & D and manufacturing of gearboxes, gears, shaft, motor and spare parts.
We can offer the proper solution for uncountable applications. Our products are widely used in the ranges of metallurgical, steel, mining, pulp and paper, sugar and alcohol market and various other types of machines with a strong presence in the international market.
AOKMAN has become a reliable supplier, able to supply high quality gearboxes.With 36 years experience, we assure you the utmost reliability and security for both product and services.
1.Q:What kinds of gearbox can you produce for us?
A:Main products of our company: UDL series speed variator,RV series worm gear reducer, ATA series shaft mounted gearbox, X,B series gear reducer,
P series planetary gearbox and R, S, K, and F series helical-tooth reducer, more
than 1 hundred models and thousands of specifications
2.Q:Can you make as per custom drawing?
A: Yes, we offer customized service for customers.
3.Q:What is your terms of payment ?
A: 30% Advance payment by T/T after signing the contract.70% before delivery
4.Q:What is your MOQ?
A: 1 Set
Welcome you contace me if you are interested in our product.
Our team will support any need you might have.
|Gear Position:||Internal Gear|
|Manufacturing Method:||Cast Gear|
|Toothed Portion Shape:||Spur Gear|
What is the lifespan of a typical worm gear?
The lifespan of a typical worm gear can vary depending on several factors, including the quality of materials, design, operating conditions, maintenance practices, and the specific application. Here’s a detailed explanation of the factors that influence the lifespan of a worm gear:
1. Quality of materials: The choice of materials used in the construction of the worm gear greatly impacts its lifespan. High-quality materials, such as hardened steel or bronze, offer better durability, wear resistance, and overall longevity compared to lower-quality materials. The selection of appropriate materials based on the application requirements is crucial for achieving a longer lifespan.
2. Design considerations: The design of the worm gear, including factors such as tooth profile, size, and load distribution, can influence its lifespan. Well-designed worm gears with optimized tooth geometry and proper load-carrying capacity tend to have longer lifespans. Additionally, features like lubrication systems and anti-backlash mechanisms can also contribute to improved durability and extended lifespan.
3. Operating conditions: The operating conditions under which the worm gear operates play a significant role in determining its lifespan. Factors such as load magnitude, speed, temperature, and environmental conditions can affect the wear and fatigue characteristics of the gear. Properly matching the worm gear to the application requirements and ensuring that it operates within specified limits can help prolong its lifespan.
4. Maintenance practices: Regular maintenance and proper lubrication are essential for maximizing the lifespan of a worm gear. Adequate lubrication helps reduce friction, wear, and heat generation, thereby extending the gear’s life. Regular inspections, lubricant replenishment, and timely replacement of worn or damaged components are important maintenance practices that can positively impact the lifespan of the worm gear.
5. Application-specific factors: The specific application in which the worm gear is used can also influence its lifespan. Factors such as operating cycles, torque levels, shock loads, and duty cycles vary between applications and can impact the wear and fatigue experienced by the gear. Understanding the unique requirements and demands of the application and selecting a worm gear that is appropriately rated and designed for those conditions can contribute to a longer lifespan.
Given the variations in materials, designs, operating conditions, and maintenance practices, it is challenging to provide a specific lifespan for a typical worm gear. However, with proper selection, installation, and maintenance, worm gears can have a lifespan ranging from several years to decades, depending on the factors mentioned above.
It is worth noting that monitoring the performance of the worm gear through regular inspections and addressing any signs of wear, damage, or excessive backlash can help identify potential issues early and extend the gear’s lifespan. Additionally, following the manufacturer’s guidelines and recommendations regarding maintenance intervals, lubrication types, and operating limits can significantly contribute to maximizing the lifespan of a worm gear.
Can worm gears be used in both horizontal and vertical orientations?
Yes, worm gears can be used in both horizontal and vertical orientations. Here’s a detailed explanation of the suitability of worm gears for different orientations:
1. Horizontal Orientation: Worm gears are commonly used in horizontal orientations and are well-suited for such applications. In a horizontal configuration, the worm gear’s weight is primarily supported by the bearings and housing. The lubrication and load-carrying capabilities of the gear design are optimized for horizontal operation, allowing for efficient power transmission and torque generation. Horizontal worm gear applications include conveyor systems, mixers, mills, and many other industrial machinery setups.
2. Vertical Orientation: Worm gears can also be used in vertical orientations, although there are some additional considerations to address in such cases. In a vertical configuration, the weight of the worm gear exerts an axial force on the worm shaft, which can introduce additional load and affect the gear’s performance. To ensure proper operation in a vertical orientation, the following factors should be considered:
- Thrust load handling: Vertical orientations impose a thrust load on the worm gear due to the weight of the gear and any additional external loads. The gear design should be capable of handling and transmitting this thrust load without excessive wear or deformation. Proper bearing selection and lubrication are crucial to support the axial load and maintain optimal performance.
- Lubrication: Lubrication becomes even more critical in vertical worm gear applications. Adequate lubrication ensures proper lubricant film formation to minimize friction, reduce wear, and dissipate heat generated during operation. Careful consideration should be given to the lubricant type, viscosity, and lubrication method to ensure effective lubrication, particularly in the upper parts of the gear where lubricant distribution may be more challenging.
- Backlash control: In vertical orientations, gravity can cause the load to act on the gear in the opposite direction, potentially leading to increased backlash. Proper gear design, including tooth geometry and clearance adjustments, can help minimize backlash and ensure precise motion control and positional stability.
- Bearing selection: The choice of bearings becomes crucial in vertical worm gear applications. Thrust bearings or combinations of thrust and radial bearings may be required to handle the axial and radial loads effectively. Bearings with appropriate load-carrying capacities and stiffness are selected to ensure smooth operation and minimize deflection under vertical loads.
- Sealing: Vertical orientations may require additional sealing measures to prevent lubricant leakage and ingress of contaminants. Proper sealing and protection mechanisms, such as seals or gaskets, should be implemented to maintain the integrity of the gear system and ensure reliable operation.
In summary, worm gears can be utilized in both horizontal and vertical orientations. However, certain considerations related to thrust load handling, lubrication, backlash control, bearing selection, and sealing should be taken into account for vertical applications. By addressing these factors appropriately, worm gears can effectively transmit power and torque, whether in horizontal or vertical configurations.
How do you choose the right size worm gear for your application?
Choosing the right size worm gear for your application involves considering several factors to ensure optimal performance and longevity. Here are the key considerations:
Determine the maximum load that the worm gear will need to transmit. This includes both the torque (rotational force) and the axial load (force along the axis of the gear). Calculate or estimate the peak and continuous loads that the gear will experience during operation. Consider factors such as shock loads, dynamic forces, and variations in load conditions. This information will help determine the required load-carrying capacity of the worm gear.
Determine the desired gear ratio for your application. The gear ratio determines the speed reduction and torque multiplication provided by the worm gear system. Consider the specific requirements of your application, such as the desired output speed and the torque needed to drive the load. Select a worm gear with a gear ratio that meets your application’s requirements while considering the limitations of the available gear options.
Consider the efficiency requirements of your application. Worm gears typically have lower efficiency compared to other types of gears due to the sliding action between the worm and worm wheel. If efficiency is critical for your application, choose a worm gear design and materials that offer higher efficiency, such as a double enveloping worm gear.
Evaluate the available space for the worm gear assembly in your application. Consider the dimensions of the worm gear, including the diameter, length, and mounting requirements. Ensure that the chosen worm gear can fit within the available space without compromising other components or functionality.
Speed and Operating Conditions:
Consider the operating speed and environmental conditions in which the worm gear will operate. Some worm gears have speed limitations due to factors such as heat generation and lubrication requirements. Ensure that the selected worm gear is suitable for the anticipated speed range and can withstand the temperature, humidity, and other environmental factors of your application.
Manufacturing Standards and Quality:
Select a worm gear that conforms to recognized manufacturing standards and quality requirements. Look for worm gears from reputable manufacturers that offer reliable and durable products. Consider factors such as material quality, surface finish, and precision in the gear manufacturing process.
By carefully evaluating these factors and considering the specific requirements of your application, you can choose the right size worm gear that meets your performance, load, and space requirements, resulting in a reliable and efficient gear system.
editor by CX 2023-10-31