Crane Duty Helical Equipment Boxes
Satisfactory performance of the gearbox depends upon correct selection. The selection of a gear unit is definitely influenced by the class of duty of the crane which should be determined and specified. Single, Dual and Triple stage Horizontal equipment products type HA, HB and HC are suggested for Hoist and Long Travel drive. Three stage vertical gear models type VC are recommended for cross travel drives of the EOT crane. Assembly arrangement should be specified while purchasing the gear units.
1. Compute the required reduction ratio.
2. Determine the horsepower required for the prime mover.
3. Refer to the rating desk, find in the ratio column and predicated on input rpm verify the gear box rating horizontally for various course of duty of the crane.
4. The size ought to be selected in a way that the rated HP is equal or even more compared to the consumed HP.
1. Select a unit to transmit 9 HP from 720 rpm electric motor for hoist drive in a class II duty crane, the decrease ratio required is 31.50.
· For hoist drive a two stage horizontal gearbox type HB will end up being suitable.
· See the ratio column and in the size HB-350, for input rpm of 720 in class II duty the rated HP is 9.5
· Because the consumed HP can be 9, the machine HB-350 will be suitable.
2. Select a unit to transmit 3 HP from 960 rpm electric motor for cross travel drive in a course IV duty crane, the reduction ratio required is 14.26.
· For cross travel drive, a vertical gearbox type VC will become suitable.
· Start to see the ratio column and in the size VC – 32Q, for insight rpm of 960 in course IV duty the rated HP is 3
Are you losing time searching for crane duty helical gearbox on various other sites?