E series gear motor is combined with helical gear and worm gear. It is 90° for the input and output shaft.
Mounting position: footed mounting, flange mounting, and shaft mounting, etc.
Rated output torque:10~4200N*m
Motor power: 0.12~22KW
|1. Economical operation, low noise, and high permitted overhung loads.|
|2. Due to their outstanding efficiency, these drives can be used in every industrial sector and tailored to individual torque and speed requirements.|
|General Technical data|
|Housing material||HT250 high-strength cast iron|
|Surface hardness of gears||HRC58°~62 °|
|Gear core hardness||HRC33~40|
|Input /output shaft material||40CrMnTiH|
|Input / Output shaft hardness||HRC25~30|
|Machining precision of gears||accurate grinding, 6~7 Grade|
|Lubricating oil||GB L-CKC220|
|Heat treatment||tempering, cementing, quenching, etc.|
|Efficiency||94%~96% (depends on the transmission stage)|
|Temp. rise (MAX)||40°C|
|Temp. rise (Oil)(MAX)||50°C|
|Brand of bearings||China Top brand C&U, LYC, TMB or other brands requested, S K F…..|
|Brand of oil seal||CTY— ZheJiang or other brands requested|
|E —- series helical-worm gear motor|
|E-series single stages|
|Model||Output Shaft Dia.||Center Height||Output Flange Dia.||Power||Ratio||Permitted Torque||Output Speed|
|E- series double stages|
|Model||Output Shaft Dia.||Center Height||Output Flange Dia.||Power||Ratio||Permitted Torque||Output Speed|
|Remarks: please refer to our catalog or ask for a salesman when your technical requirements are special.|
Plastic bag + wooden carton
-We are a leading gear motor manufacturer
ZHangZhoug Xihu (West Lake) Dis.hai Reducer is a leading manufacturer of gear motors and gearboxes.
Since 1991, we have specialized in manufacturing a wide range of gear motors and gearboxes including:
- helical gear motor
- helical bevel gear motor
- parallel shaft helical gear motor
- helical worm gear motor
- hoist drive
- heavy-duty helical gearbox
- heavy-duty helical bevel gearbox
- gear motor for the car parking system
- spiral bevel gearbox
Q: Can you print other colors?
Yes. Customized colors can be printed on the gear motor according to your requirements.
Q: Is that the factory price?
Yes. We assure you all prices are based on the factory.
Q: What is the lifespan? what is the guarantee
The lifespan of a gear motor can reach 5-20 years depending on different working conditions. The guarantee time is 1 year after delivery.
Q: What documents are available?
A full range of documents including structural drawings, packing list, installation manual, and relative certificates can be provided. Moreover, customs declaration is provided. We provide a one-stop service for you.
Q: Is it able to customize?
yes, we could re-design and produce the gear motor for your request if the total or plHangZhou quantity is enough.
|Application:||Motor, Machinery, Marine, Toy, Agricultural Machinery|
|Function:||Change Drive Torque, Change Drive Direction, Speed Changing, Speed Reduction|
|Hardness:||Hardened Tooth Surface|
What is the lifespan of a typical worm gear?
The lifespan of a typical worm gear can vary depending on several factors, including the quality of materials, design, operating conditions, maintenance practices, and the specific application. Here’s a detailed explanation of the factors that influence the lifespan of a worm gear:
1. Quality of materials: The choice of materials used in the construction of the worm gear greatly impacts its lifespan. High-quality materials, such as hardened steel or bronze, offer better durability, wear resistance, and overall longevity compared to lower-quality materials. The selection of appropriate materials based on the application requirements is crucial for achieving a longer lifespan.
2. Design considerations: The design of the worm gear, including factors such as tooth profile, size, and load distribution, can influence its lifespan. Well-designed worm gears with optimized tooth geometry and proper load-carrying capacity tend to have longer lifespans. Additionally, features like lubrication systems and anti-backlash mechanisms can also contribute to improved durability and extended lifespan.
3. Operating conditions: The operating conditions under which the worm gear operates play a significant role in determining its lifespan. Factors such as load magnitude, speed, temperature, and environmental conditions can affect the wear and fatigue characteristics of the gear. Properly matching the worm gear to the application requirements and ensuring that it operates within specified limits can help prolong its lifespan.
4. Maintenance practices: Regular maintenance and proper lubrication are essential for maximizing the lifespan of a worm gear. Adequate lubrication helps reduce friction, wear, and heat generation, thereby extending the gear’s life. Regular inspections, lubricant replenishment, and timely replacement of worn or damaged components are important maintenance practices that can positively impact the lifespan of the worm gear.
5. Application-specific factors: The specific application in which the worm gear is used can also influence its lifespan. Factors such as operating cycles, torque levels, shock loads, and duty cycles vary between applications and can impact the wear and fatigue experienced by the gear. Understanding the unique requirements and demands of the application and selecting a worm gear that is appropriately rated and designed for those conditions can contribute to a longer lifespan.
Given the variations in materials, designs, operating conditions, and maintenance practices, it is challenging to provide a specific lifespan for a typical worm gear. However, with proper selection, installation, and maintenance, worm gears can have a lifespan ranging from several years to decades, depending on the factors mentioned above.
It is worth noting that monitoring the performance of the worm gear through regular inspections and addressing any signs of wear, damage, or excessive backlash can help identify potential issues early and extend the gear’s lifespan. Additionally, following the manufacturer’s guidelines and recommendations regarding maintenance intervals, lubrication types, and operating limits can significantly contribute to maximizing the lifespan of a worm gear.
What are the potential challenges in designing and manufacturing worm gears?
Designing and manufacturing worm gears can present several challenges due to their unique characteristics and operating conditions. Here’s a detailed explanation of the potential challenges involved:
- Complex geometry: Worm gears have complex geometry with helical threads on the worm shaft and corresponding teeth on the worm wheel. Designing the precise geometry of the gear teeth, including the helix angle, lead angle, and tooth profile, requires careful analysis and calculation to ensure proper meshing and efficient power transmission.
- Gear materials and heat treatment: Selecting suitable materials for worm gears is critical to ensure strength, wear resistance, and durability. The materials must have good friction and wear properties, as well as the ability to withstand the sliding and rolling contact between the worm and the worm wheel. Additionally, heat treatment processes such as carburizing or induction hardening may be necessary to enhance the gear’s surface hardness and improve its load-carrying capacity.
- Lubrication and cooling: Worm gears operate under high contact pressures and sliding velocities, resulting in significant heat generation and lubrication challenges. Proper lubrication is crucial to reduce friction, wear, and heat buildup. Ensuring effective lubricant distribution to all contact surfaces, managing lubricant temperature, and providing adequate cooling mechanisms are important considerations in worm gear design and manufacturing.
- Backlash control: Controlling backlash, which is the clearance between the worm and the worm wheel, is crucial for precise motion control and positional accuracy. Designing the gear teeth and adjusting the clearances to minimize backlash while maintaining proper tooth engagement is a challenge that requires careful consideration of factors such as gear geometry, tolerances, and manufacturing processes.
- Manufacturing accuracy: Achieving the required manufacturing accuracy in worm gears can be challenging due to their complex geometry and tight tolerances. The accurate machining of gear teeth, maintaining proper tooth profiles, and achieving the desired surface finish require advanced machining techniques, specialized tools, and skilled operators.
- Noise and vibration: Worm gears can generate noise and vibration due to the sliding contact between the gear teeth. Designing the gear geometry, tooth profiles, and surface finishes to minimize noise and vibration is a challenge. Additionally, the selection of appropriate materials, lubrication methods, and gear housing design can help reduce noise and vibration levels.
- Efficiency and power loss: Worm gears inherently have lower efficiency compared to other types of gear systems due to the sliding contact and high gear ratios. Minimizing power loss and improving efficiency through optimized gear design, material selection, lubrication, and manufacturing accuracy is a challenge that requires careful balancing of various factors.
- Wear and fatigue: Worm gears are subjected to high contact stresses and cyclic loading, which can lead to wear, pitting, and fatigue failure. Designing the gear teeth for proper load distribution, selecting appropriate materials, and applying suitable surface treatments or coatings are essential to mitigate wear and fatigue issues.
- Cost considerations: Designing and manufacturing worm gears can be cost-intensive due to the complexity of the gear geometry, material requirements, and precision manufacturing processes. Balancing performance requirements with cost considerations is a challenge that requires careful evaluation of the gear’s intended application, performance expectations, and budget constraints.
Addressing these challenges requires a comprehensive understanding of gear design principles, manufacturing processes, material science, and lubrication technologies. Collaboration between design engineers, manufacturing experts, and material specialists is often necessary to overcome these challenges and ensure the successful design and production of high-quality worm gears.
What are the benefits of using a worm gear mechanism?
Using a worm gear mechanism offers several benefits in various applications. Here are some of the advantages:
- High Gear Reduction: Worm gears provide high gear reduction ratios, allowing for significant speed reduction and torque multiplication. This makes them suitable for applications where a small input speed or high torque output is required.
- Compact Design: Worm gears have a compact design, with the worm and worm wheel positioned at right angles to each other. This makes them space-efficient and suitable for applications where size and weight limitations exist.
- Self-Locking: Worm gears exhibit a self-locking characteristic due to the angle of the worm’s helical thread. This means that the worm can drive the worm wheel, but the reverse is not true. The self-locking feature allows worm gears to hold position without additional braking mechanisms, making them suitable for applications that require mechanical holding or braking capabilities.
- Quiet Operation: Worm gear mechanisms are known for their quiet operation. The helical nature of the worm’s thread and the meshing with the worm wheel teeth help reduce noise and vibration, resulting in smoother and quieter performance.
- Shock Load Resistance: Worm gears are capable of handling moderate to high shock loads due to their inherent design. The sliding action between the worm and worm wheel allows the gear system to absorb and distribute sudden impacts and loads effectively.
- Versatile Mounting Options: Worm gears can be mounted in various orientations, including horizontal, vertical, and inclined positions, providing flexibility in design and installation.
- High Torque Transmission: The design of worm gears allows for efficient transmission of high torque. This makes them suitable for applications that require heavy-duty torque requirements, such as lifting mechanisms, conveyor systems, and machine tools.
- Simple Lubrication: Worm gears typically require lubrication to reduce friction and wear. However, compared to some other gear types, worm gears have relatively simple lubrication requirements due to the sliding action between the worm and worm wheel. Proper lubrication helps extend the lifespan of the gear system and maintain its performance.
These benefits make worm gear mechanisms well-suited for a wide range of applications, including automotive systems, industrial machinery, elevators, robotics, and more. However, it’s important to consider the specific requirements and limitations of each application to ensure the optimal use of worm gears.
editor by CX 2023-09-23