Customized High Precision CNC Stainless Steel Worm Double Spur Wheel Helical Gear Wholesale Price
Hyton provides one-stop solution service for your metallurgical equipment spare parts, currently we produce rolling mill rolls, guide, blades, gears, sprocket wheels, worm, worm gears, flange processing parts, welding processing parts and etc.Gear rack is a rotating machine part with cut teeth, or cogs, which mesh with another toothed part in order to transmit torque. It includes spur gear, helical gear, skew gear, bevel gear, spiral bevel gear and so on. It is widely used for all kinds of machinery equipment.
|Product Name||Worm Gear|
|Material||C45, 40Cr, 20CrMnTi, 42CrMo, Copper, Stainless steel|
|Tolerance||0.001mm – 0.01mm – 0.1mm|
|Tooth Hardness||50-60 HRC|
|Processing||Forging, Machining, Hobbing, Milling, Shaving, Grinding, Heat treatment|
|Inspection||Material Report, Dimensions Checking Report, Hardness Report|
|Payment||L/C, Western Union, D/P, D/A, T/T, MoneyGram|
|Lead Time||4 weeks|
HangZhou CHINAMFG Heavy Industry Technology Development Co., Ltd. is a leading enterprise in the wear-resistant casting of large engineering machinery and the forging of large equipment parts located in the New Material Industrial Park, Xihu (West Lake) Dis. High-Tech Zone, HangZhou City, the company covers an area of 90 Square kilometer and currently has more than 300 employees. The company is equipped with lost molding production line and lost casting production line imported from FATA Company in Italy, Inductotherm Vacuum Degassing Furnace(USA), Foseco Casting Technology(U.K), SPECTRO Spectrometer (Germany), the currently most advanced ZZ418A vertical parting flaskless shoot squeeze molding machine Disa production line, horizontal molding line and self-control lost casting production line in China, the most advanced sand treatment system in China. With 3 gas trolley heat treatment CHINAMFG and pusher-type CHINAMFG full-automatic heat treatment production lines, the company can annually produce 30,000 tons of various wear-resisting castings and metallurgical equipment forging parts.
Packing and Shipping
To better ensure the safety of your goods, professional, environmentally friendly, convenient and efficient packaging services will be provided. After goods well packaged, we need only 1 day ship goods to ZheJiang port, which means that most of the spare parts you bought from Hyton, it will get your port within 45 days all around the world if shipment by sea.
1)Your inquiry related to our product & price will be rapidly.
2) Well trained & experienced staff are to answer all your inquiries in English of course.
3) Your business relationship with us will be confidential to any third party.
4) One stop purchase service: extensive rang of products for qualified offering.
5) We response to client’s inquiry within 12 hours.
1.Q: What kind of products do you make?
A: We specialize in metallurgical equipment casting and forging parts, such as forging rolls, guide, blades, gears, sprocket wheels, worm, worm gears, flange processing parts, welding processing parts and etc.
2.Q: What kind of material do you offer?
A: High manganese steel, high chrome iron, alloy steel, low carbon steel, medium carbon steel, Stainless Steel and etc.
3.Q: What is your time of delivery?
A: Our lead time is generally 2-4 weeks for casting parts and shipping time is about 2-4 weeks.
4.Q: How to test your quality?
A: We will show you material inspection and measurement inspection after fininsh the goods, at the same time, we will give you the life time guarantee letter after shipping the goods. The best suggestion to all the customer who may interest our product-Test 2 set first, all the good business relationship all from test and trust.
|Hardness:||Hardened Tooth Surface|
|Gear Position:||External Gear|
|Manufacturing Method:||Cut Gear|
|Toothed Portion Shape:||Spur Gear|
What is the lifespan of a typical worm gear?
The lifespan of a typical worm gear can vary depending on several factors, including the quality of materials, design, operating conditions, maintenance practices, and the specific application. Here’s a detailed explanation of the factors that influence the lifespan of a worm gear:
1. Quality of materials: The choice of materials used in the construction of the worm gear greatly impacts its lifespan. High-quality materials, such as hardened steel or bronze, offer better durability, wear resistance, and overall longevity compared to lower-quality materials. The selection of appropriate materials based on the application requirements is crucial for achieving a longer lifespan.
2. Design considerations: The design of the worm gear, including factors such as tooth profile, size, and load distribution, can influence its lifespan. Well-designed worm gears with optimized tooth geometry and proper load-carrying capacity tend to have longer lifespans. Additionally, features like lubrication systems and anti-backlash mechanisms can also contribute to improved durability and extended lifespan.
3. Operating conditions: The operating conditions under which the worm gear operates play a significant role in determining its lifespan. Factors such as load magnitude, speed, temperature, and environmental conditions can affect the wear and fatigue characteristics of the gear. Properly matching the worm gear to the application requirements and ensuring that it operates within specified limits can help prolong its lifespan.
4. Maintenance practices: Regular maintenance and proper lubrication are essential for maximizing the lifespan of a worm gear. Adequate lubrication helps reduce friction, wear, and heat generation, thereby extending the gear’s life. Regular inspections, lubricant replenishment, and timely replacement of worn or damaged components are important maintenance practices that can positively impact the lifespan of the worm gear.
5. Application-specific factors: The specific application in which the worm gear is used can also influence its lifespan. Factors such as operating cycles, torque levels, shock loads, and duty cycles vary between applications and can impact the wear and fatigue experienced by the gear. Understanding the unique requirements and demands of the application and selecting a worm gear that is appropriately rated and designed for those conditions can contribute to a longer lifespan.
Given the variations in materials, designs, operating conditions, and maintenance practices, it is challenging to provide a specific lifespan for a typical worm gear. However, with proper selection, installation, and maintenance, worm gears can have a lifespan ranging from several years to decades, depending on the factors mentioned above.
It is worth noting that monitoring the performance of the worm gear through regular inspections and addressing any signs of wear, damage, or excessive backlash can help identify potential issues early and extend the gear’s lifespan. Additionally, following the manufacturer’s guidelines and recommendations regarding maintenance intervals, lubrication types, and operating limits can significantly contribute to maximizing the lifespan of a worm gear.
How do you calculate the efficiency of a worm gear?
Calculating the efficiency of a worm gear involves analyzing the power losses that occur during its operation. Here’s a detailed explanation of the process:
The efficiency of a worm gear system is defined as the ratio of output power to input power. In other words, it represents the percentage of power that is successfully transmitted from the input (worm) to the output (worm wheel) without significant losses. To calculate the efficiency, the following steps are typically followed:
- Measure input power: Measure the input power to the worm gear system. This can be done by using a power meter or by measuring the input torque and rotational speed of the worm shaft. The input power is usually denoted as Pin.
- Measure output power: Measure the output power from the worm gear system. This can be done by measuring the output torque and rotational speed of the worm wheel. The output power is usually denoted as Pout.
- Calculate power losses: Determine the power losses that occur within the worm gear system. These losses can be classified into various categories, including:
- Mechanical losses: These losses occur due to friction between the gear teeth, sliding contact, and other mechanical components. They can be estimated based on factors such as gear design, materials, lubrication, and manufacturing quality.
- Bearing losses: Worm gears typically incorporate bearings to support the shafts and reduce friction. Bearing losses can be estimated based on the bearing type, size, and operating conditions.
- Lubrication losses: Inadequate lubrication or inefficient lubricant distribution can result in additional losses. Proper lubrication selection and maintenance are essential to minimize these losses.
Efficiency = (Pout / Pin) * 100%
The efficiency is expressed as a percentage, indicating the proportion of input power that is successfully transmitted to the output. A higher efficiency value indicates a more efficient gear system with fewer losses.
It is important to note that the efficiency of a worm gear can vary depending on factors such as gear design, materials, lubrication, operating conditions, and manufacturing quality. Additionally, the efficiency may also change at different operating speeds or torque levels. Therefore, it is advisable to consider these factors and conduct efficiency calculations based on specific gear system parameters and operating conditions.
What is the purpose of a self-locking feature in a worm gear?
A self-locking feature in a worm gear serves the purpose of preventing reverse motion or backdriving of the gear system. When a worm gear is self-locking, it means that the worm can rotate the worm wheel, but the reverse action is hindered or restricted, providing a mechanical holding or braking capability. This self-locking feature offers several advantages and is utilized in various applications. Here are the key purposes of the self-locking feature:
- Mechanical Holding: The self-locking capability of a worm gear allows it to hold a specific position or prevent unintended movement when the worm is not actively driving the system. This is particularly useful in applications where it is necessary to maintain a fixed position or prevent the gear from rotating due to external forces or vibrations. Examples include elevators, lifts, and positioning systems.
- Backdriving Prevention: The self-locking feature prevents the worm wheel from driving the worm in the reverse direction. This is advantageous in applications where it is crucial to prevent a load or external force from causing the gear to rotate backward. For instance, in a lifting mechanism, the self-locking feature ensures that the load remains suspended without requiring continuous power input.
- Enhanced Safety: The self-locking property of a worm gear contributes to safety in certain applications. By preventing unintended or undesired motion, it helps maintain stability and reduces the risk of accidents or uncontrolled movement. This is particularly important in scenarios where human safety or the integrity of the system is at stake, such as in heavy machinery or critical infrastructure.
It’s important to note that not all worm gears are self-locking. The self-locking characteristic depends on the design parameters, specifically the helix angle of the worm’s thread. A higher helix angle increases the self-locking tendency, while a lower helix angle reduces or eliminates the self-locking effect. Therefore, when selecting a worm gear for an application that requires the self-locking feature, it is essential to consider the specific design parameters and ensure that the gear meets the necessary requirements.
editor by CX 2023-09-26