S series Helical Geared Motor Characteristics
- High efficiency: 75%-80%;
- High technology: the helical gear and a worm gear combined with an integrated transmission to improve the torque and efficiency.
- High precision: the gear is made of high-quality alloy steel forging, carbonitriding and hardening treatment, grinding process to ensure high precision and stable running.
- High interchangeability: highly modular, serial design, strong versatility and interchangeability.
2. Technical parameters
|Mounting type||Foot mounted, foot mounted with CZPT shaft, output flange mounted, hollow shaft mounted, B5 flange mounted with hollow shaft, foot mounted with hollow shaft, B14 flange mounted with hollow shaft, foot mounted with splined hole, foot mounted with shrink disk, hollow shaft mounted with anti-torque arm.|
|Input Method||Flange input(AM), shaft input(AD), inline AC motor input, or AQA servo motor|
|Brake Release||HF-manual release(lock in the brake release position), HR-manual release(autom-atic braking position)|
|Thermistor||TF(Thermistor protection PTC thermisto)
TH(Thermistor protection Bimetal swotch)
|Mounting Position||M1, M2, M3, M4, M5, M6|
|Output shaft dis.||20mm, 25mm, 30mm, 35mm, 40mm, 50mm, 60mm, 70mm,|
|Housing material||HT200 high-strength cast iron from R37,47,57,67,77,87|
|Housing material||HT250 High strength cast iron from R97 107,137,147,
|Heat treatment technology||carbonitriding and hardening treatment|
|Single Stage Efficiency||75%-80%|
|Protection Class||IP55, F class|
ZheJiang CZPT Drive Co.,Ltd,the predecessor was a state-owned mould enterprise, was established in 1965. CZPT specializes in the complete power transmission solution for high-end equipment manufacturing industries based on the aim of “Platform Product, Application Design and Professional Service”.
Starshine have a strong technical force with over 350 employees at present, including over 30 engineering technicians, 30 quality inspectors, covering an area of 80000 square CZPT and kinds of advanced processing machines and testing equipments. We have a good foundation for the industry application development and service of high-end speed reducers & variators owning to the provincial engineering technology research center,the lab of gear speed reducers, and the base of modern R&D.
Quality:Insist on Improvement,Strive for Excellence With the development of equipment manufacturing indurstry,customer never satirsfy with the current quality of our products,on the contrary,wcreate the value of quality.
Quality policy:to enhance the overall level in the field of power transmission
Quality View:Continuous Improvement , pursuit of excellence
Quality Philosophy:Quality creates value
3. Incoming Quality Control
To establish the AQL acceptable level of incoming material control, to provide the material for the whole inspection, sampling, immunity. On the acceptance of qualified products to warehousing, substandard goods to take return, check, rework, rework inspection; responsible for tracking bad, to monitor the supplier to take corrective
measures to prevent recurrence.
4. Process Quality Control
The manufacturing site of the first examination, inspection and final inspection, sampling according to the requirements of some projects, judging the quality change trend;
found abnormal phenomenon of manufacturing, and supervise the production department to improve, eliminate the abnormal phenomenon or state.
5. FQC(Final QC)
After the manufacturing department will complete the product, stand in the customer’s position on the finished product quality verification, in order to ensure the quality of
customer expectations and needs.
6. OQC(Outgoing QC)
After the product sample inspection to determine the qualified, allowing storage, but when the finished product from the warehouse before the formal delivery of the goods, there is a check, this is called the shipment inspection.Check content:In the warehouse storage and transfer status to confirm, while confirming the delivery of the
product is a product inspection to determine the qualified products.
|Application:||Motor, Machinery, Agricultural Machinery, Dumbwaiter, Sugar Mills, and Kinds of Equipments|
|Function:||Distribution Power, Change Drive Torque, Change Drive Direction, Speed Changing, Speed Reduction, Lower Rotation Speed|
|Hardness:||Hardened Tooth Surface|
What is the lifespan of a typical worm gear?
The lifespan of a typical worm gear can vary depending on several factors, including the quality of materials, design, operating conditions, maintenance practices, and the specific application. Here’s a detailed explanation of the factors that influence the lifespan of a worm gear:
1. Quality of materials: The choice of materials used in the construction of the worm gear greatly impacts its lifespan. High-quality materials, such as hardened steel or bronze, offer better durability, wear resistance, and overall longevity compared to lower-quality materials. The selection of appropriate materials based on the application requirements is crucial for achieving a longer lifespan.
2. Design considerations: The design of the worm gear, including factors such as tooth profile, size, and load distribution, can influence its lifespan. Well-designed worm gears with optimized tooth geometry and proper load-carrying capacity tend to have longer lifespans. Additionally, features like lubrication systems and anti-backlash mechanisms can also contribute to improved durability and extended lifespan.
3. Operating conditions: The operating conditions under which the worm gear operates play a significant role in determining its lifespan. Factors such as load magnitude, speed, temperature, and environmental conditions can affect the wear and fatigue characteristics of the gear. Properly matching the worm gear to the application requirements and ensuring that it operates within specified limits can help prolong its lifespan.
4. Maintenance practices: Regular maintenance and proper lubrication are essential for maximizing the lifespan of a worm gear. Adequate lubrication helps reduce friction, wear, and heat generation, thereby extending the gear’s life. Regular inspections, lubricant replenishment, and timely replacement of worn or damaged components are important maintenance practices that can positively impact the lifespan of the worm gear.
5. Application-specific factors: The specific application in which the worm gear is used can also influence its lifespan. Factors such as operating cycles, torque levels, shock loads, and duty cycles vary between applications and can impact the wear and fatigue experienced by the gear. Understanding the unique requirements and demands of the application and selecting a worm gear that is appropriately rated and designed for those conditions can contribute to a longer lifespan.
Given the variations in materials, designs, operating conditions, and maintenance practices, it is challenging to provide a specific lifespan for a typical worm gear. However, with proper selection, installation, and maintenance, worm gears can have a lifespan ranging from several years to decades, depending on the factors mentioned above.
It is worth noting that monitoring the performance of the worm gear through regular inspections and addressing any signs of wear, damage, or excessive backlash can help identify potential issues early and extend the gear’s lifespan. Additionally, following the manufacturer’s guidelines and recommendations regarding maintenance intervals, lubrication types, and operating limits can significantly contribute to maximizing the lifespan of a worm gear.
What are the environmental considerations when using worm gears?
When using worm gears, there are several environmental considerations to keep in mind. Here’s a detailed explanation of these considerations:
- Lubrication: Proper lubrication is essential for the efficient and reliable operation of worm gears. Lubricants help reduce friction and wear between the gear teeth, resulting in improved efficiency and extended gear life. When selecting lubricants, it is important to consider their environmental impact. Environmentally friendly lubricants, such as biodegradable or synthetic lubricants with low toxicity, can be used to minimize the potential harm to the environment in case of leakage or accidental spills.
- Leakage and contamination: Worm gear systems are susceptible to lubricant leakage, which can cause environmental pollution. It is important to ensure that the gear housing is properly sealed to prevent lubricant leakage into the environment. Regular inspections and maintenance should be carried out to detect and repair any leaks promptly. Additionally, measures should be taken to prevent contaminants such as dust, dirt, and water from entering the gear system, as they can degrade the lubricant and affect the gear performance.
- Energy efficiency: Worm gears, like any mechanical power transmission system, consume energy during operation. It is important to consider energy efficiency when selecting and designing worm gear systems. Optimal gear design, proper gear selection, and efficient lubrication practices can contribute to reducing energy consumption and minimizing the environmental impact associated with energy use.
- Noise and vibration: Worm gears can generate noise and vibration during operation. Excessive noise can contribute to noise pollution, while high vibration levels can impact the surrounding equipment and structures. To mitigate these effects, it is important to design and manufacture worm gears with low noise and vibration characteristics. This can involve careful gear design, proper lubrication, and the use of vibration-damping materials or mechanisms.
- End-of-life considerations: At the end of their service life, worm gear components may need to be replaced or recycled. Disposal of worn-out gears should be done in accordance with applicable environmental regulations. Whenever possible, recycling or reusing gear components can help reduce waste and minimize the environmental impact associated with the disposal of gear materials.
- Environmental regulations: Compliance with environmental regulations and standards is crucial when using worm gears. Different regions may have specific regulations governing the use and disposal of lubricants, materials, and manufacturing processes associated with gear systems. It is important to stay informed about these regulations and ensure compliance to avoid any adverse environmental impact and legal consequences.
By considering these environmental factors, it is possible to minimize the ecological footprint of worm gear systems and promote sustainable practices in their use and maintenance. This includes selecting environmentally friendly lubricants, implementing proper sealing and maintenance procedures, optimizing energy efficiency, and adhering to relevant environmental regulations.
How does a worm gear differ from other types of gears?
A worm gear differs from other types of gears in several ways. Here are the key differences:
- Gear Configuration: A worm gear consists of a threaded worm and a mating gear, known as the worm wheel or worm gear. The worm has a helical thread that meshes with the teeth of the worm wheel. In contrast, other types of gears, such as spur gears, bevel gears, and helical gears, have parallel or intersecting axes of rotation.
- Gear Ratio: Worm gears provide high gear reduction ratios compared to other types of gears. The ratio is determined by the number of teeth on the worm wheel and the number of threads on the worm. This high reduction ratio allows worm gears to transmit more torque while maintaining a compact size.
- Direction of Rotation: In a worm gear system, the worm can drive the worm wheel, but the reverse is not true. This is due to the self-locking nature of worm gears. The angle of the worm’s helical thread creates a wedging action that prevents the worm wheel from backdriving the worm. This characteristic makes worm gears suitable for applications requiring a mechanical brake or holding position.
- Efficiency: Worm gears typically have lower efficiency compared to other types of gears. This is primarily due to the sliding action between the worm’s threads and the worm wheel’s teeth, which leads to higher friction and energy losses. Therefore, worm gears are not ideal for applications that require high efficiency or continuous, high-speed operation.
- Lubrication: Worm gears require proper lubrication to reduce friction and wear. The sliding action between the worm and the worm wheel generates heat, which can affect the performance and lifespan of the gear system. Lubricants help to dissipate heat and provide a protective film between the mating surfaces, reducing friction and extending the gear’s life.
- Applications: Worm gears are commonly used in applications that require high gear reduction, compact size, and self-locking capabilities. They are found in various industries, including elevators, automotive steering systems, machine tools, robotics, and winding mechanisms.
Overall, the unique design and characteristics of worm gears make them suitable for specific applications where high torque, compactness, and self-locking features are essential, even though they may have lower efficiency compared to other types of gears.
editor by CX 2023-09-08